Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Story of The Littlest Poncho.

I can't believe how far I have come with crocheting! Less then a year ago it took me FOREVER to crochet anything. Then when I learned how to make Mary Jane's for babies, it opened up a whole new world. I just kept learning more and more. It went from Mary Jane's to Wooly Boots to Vintage Hats to the Weirdly Cute Teething Rattles. And then I made up my first pattern, my Baby to Toddler Leg Warmers! (I have some of these items up for auction this weekend only! Click HERE!)
Anyway, when I was at H&M in Eaton Centre a few weeks back, I saw a beautiful crocheted poncho in Adelaide's size. I squealed because it was SO cute. BUT...I couldn't decide if I wanted to spend the $40 on it. I hemmed and hawed, I decided if I still wanted it the next day, I would come back and get it. And then the most amazing thing happened! I LEARNED HOW TO MAKE THIS!! The Littlest Ponch. So, now my girl gets to be oh so stylish and I get to feel oh so awesome because now I can crochet anything! Well, maybe not anything...cardigans and sweaters look tricky!

No comments: