Sunday, July 22, 2012

Refresh!

I'm back! I know I know, it's been MONTHS! Where have I been? BUUUUUUUSY!!!! We bought a house, our baby turned in to a busy toddler, I got pregnant again (due somewhere between Aug. 12 and Sept. 16) and I have focused more on my businesses. Now that I feel like I have this life juggling act under control, I thought I would attempt blogging again. I have missed writing. It's a great outlet.

For my first post back, I thought I would start simple. With a recipe. A delicious refreshing summer time drink that I was OH SO ADDICTED to when we were in India. It's 4 simple ingredients and you can make bigger condensed batches so you just add water and ta-da!

Lemon Mint Juice

What you need:
-lemons
-fresh mint leaves
-sugar
-water.

Juice about 6 lemons and store in a mason jar or something similar. Take about 60 or 70 mint leaves (more if you really love mint) and dry roast them for about a minute. In a blender, or food processor, put 8 tablespoons of sugar and 2 cups of cold water and all the dry roasted mint leaves. Then blend for a minute or so. Pour your sweet mint juice through a strainer into a mason jar or something similar.

Then all you do it put about 1 part lemon juice to 2 parts mint juice to 3 or 4 parts cold water (with ice too if you like) in a tall glass and give a little stir! This recipe is very easy to adjust to your preference. You may like more lemon, or more mint, or less sugar...so play around.

PS: Growing your own mint is SO super easy! Fresh herbs and spices are just the best! I grow 2 different kinds. Just a regular green mint and a pineapple mint. Both ideal for this refreshing beverage. Go to your local farmers market or even the greenhouse at places like Superstore, and they'll have some mint plants!

No comments: