Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cherpumple Pie Cake!

Last night we had a lil' dinner party with our friends as we do every week. Only this time I wanted to make something epic for dessert because they have been extraordinarily helpful over the past couple weeks since we had a baby! I remembered this video I watched online a while back about the Cherpumple pie cake. Here is that video. If this doesn't make you wanna make this cake pie, then I don't know what will!

Here is my attempt at it. I altered it a little bit. My bottom layer was apple pie baked in a spice cake.

The second layer was strawberry rhubarb pie baked in a chocolate cake, and the top was pecan pie baked in a white cake.

I stacked all three layers on top of each other separating them with cream cheese icing.

Then I frosted the sides and sprinkled some cocoa on top just to make it look...nicer?! lol.

Turns out I'm not very good at icing cakes! We cut in to the cake and it was messy!!

A piece of cake was like 3 pieces and after a couple bites I was certain I had given myself and our guests diabetes!

Needless to say, I learned a lot about making this ridiculous cake and know what I would do differently next time...but I don't think there's gonna be a next time.

No comments: