Thursday, April 28, 2011

Teen Moms Shouldn't Be Glorified.

Okay, I know that I just started my first period after having a baby and having gone 15 months without it, but this show "16 and Pregnant" angers the shit out of me!!! How could ANYONE think it's okay to make a shows called "16 and pregnant" and "Teen Mom" and be okay filming the trashiest and worst child parents parent this way!!??? And don't we have laws about child labour? These wee babies and toddlers are technically working, they are being filmed for TV! For money making purposes! How is it possible that there have been movies or shows or music videos or even songs that get banned from public, but THESE ones, yes THESE ones are a keeper?! This is outrageous!
http://ca.jezebel.com/5796167/did-16--pregnant-star-get-knocked-up-to-be-on-tv?skyline=true&s=i
I just can't believe that there are people out there who would glorify teen pregnancy. I don't have TV and I even know about these shows! I see and hear about them on the internet (that link is the perfect example.) I see these teens and their tots on the covers of magazines when I'm waiting to pay for groceries at the supermarket. These girls have been modelled the same way Lindsay Lohan is and Paris Hilton and Miss Spears. You're fooling yourself if you think this isn't glorifying it! I know they claim to show people the struggles that teen moms go through, but the fact that there are for sure girls out there that would get pregnant just for a chance to be on these shows tell me that the people behind these shows aren't doing their job. And what parent would LET their child BE ON these shows in the first place? Should I even bother asking, lol?! The problems in these children's lives, both the wee children and the teen children, are not problems to be aired on TV for the purpose of a reality TV show, ESPECIALLY when the consequences are so REAL! I hate television!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I'm writing a paper on teen pregnancy at my school about how it shouldn'y be glorified.