Monday, October 18, 2010

Soups Up...Save Room for Dessert!


Welcome to my cooking space! I spent a lot of time here last week cooking up a storm making soups to freeze for when baby gets here so we have fast nutritious meals when we need them! Of course I have also been making baked goods in between to fill my cravings!

I photographed some of the delicious foods I made last week! If you want any recipes just let me know and I will gladly pass them along if I have one for what you're looking for. Sometimes I make things up and don't follow recipes, lol. Don't drool too much while looking at these. I certainly had a hard time with the post, it made me very hungry!!

Apple Cinnamon French Toast

Roasted Cauliflower Cream Soup

Curried Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup

Rice Pudding with Custard

Creamy Potato and Dill Soup

Cream of Broccoli Soup

Apple Strudel Muffins

Our freezer is now full of delicious soups and I am sure I will add more. Julian boiled a bunch of beans and froze them yesterday too. We are rich with black beans and kidney beans perfect for chili's and he made re-fried beans and a black bean with tomatoes, onions and spices perfect for things like burritos!! If we keep this up, we'll need a deep freeze!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

You guys are amazing! I just figured we'd eat pizza for the first few weeks after the baby was born. :P I'd love the recipes for the cream soups, if it's not too much trouble! I have a terrific guacamole recipe to offer in trade, if you're interested!

Heather Bays said...

That sounds like a great trade! The guacamole will go great with a lot of the bean recipes! I will email you the recipes over the weekend. How have you been feeling?

Jessica said...

Not too bad! Can't wait for this baby to be born though, I have to admit being pregnant is definitely not my favourite thing in the world, haha!